Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Vick vows to make changes

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Vick vows to make changes

    FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Michael Vick confirmed in a TV interview taped Saturday that he met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss problems that have plagued the Atlanta Falcons' quarterback this offseason.

    "After what happened ... I just wanted to crawl in a hole. I can't take it no more," Vick told ESPN. "I walk around with a smile on my face and act like I'm happy, but on the inside it's hurting. And it's killing me. I ain't got no more energy left for it. The more I continue to do things and my name is in the media, I'm not going to get anywhere."

    ESPN aired the interview during the second round of the NFL draft on Sunday.

    Goodell requested time with Vick at Radio City Music Hall, where the NFL held the draft. Vick was in town to make an appearance on behalf of his alma mater, Virginia Tech, following the on-campus shootings that killed 33 people two weeks ago.

    Falcons vice president of communications Reggie Roberts said he hadn't spoken with Vick since his conversation with Goodell, but the quarterback's personal problems have clearly embarrassed the NFL and the team.

    In the last week, Vick's name surfaced when police in Virginia arrested his cousin on drug charges at rural property the quarterback owns. Police reported that during their investigation they found neglected animals and evidence of dog fighting, including veterinary medications, treadmills for training and blood-soaked carpets similar to the ones used in fight pits.

    Vick also skipped a congressional breakfast he'd been invited to earlier in the week on Capitol Hill to discuss federal funding for urban football facilities.

    In January, Vick was stopped at the Miami airport carrying a water bottle with a secret compartment that allegedly smelled like marijuana residue.

    He vowed to make changes in his personal life regarding the kind of people he associates with.

    "I'm taking it upon myself and giving everybody my word that things are going to get changed around," Vick said. "Things are going to get turned around. I have a game plan for it. ... The company I keep, a lot of things [have] got to change, and I mean that from the heart."

    On Saturday, Falcons general manager Rich McKay promised to look further into Vick's recent problems after the team finishes signing undrafted college free agents over the next two days.

    "I don't want to say I've neglected it, but it's not something I've been able to focus on," McKay said. "I do want to get further into it and focus on it next week."
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Vick vows to make changes

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He vowed to make changes in his personal life regarding the kind of people he associates with.</div></div>

    So does this mean him and little bro aren't on speaking terms?

    Sorry I had to go there.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Vick vows to make changes

    I guess we'll just have to take the "wait and see" approach.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Vick vows to make changes

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess we'll just have to take the "wait and see" approach. </div></div>
    Yeah, because I'll believe it when I see it. There's usually only one "thing" that can clean up a person's life, and that "thing" is Jesus Christ.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •